For each project the studio develops its graphic design around an idea, a concept closely related to the subject involved.
Graphic design should not exist without ideas. When sense makes graphic-design then design-graphic makes sense.
Kidnap Your Designer is the name of a Brussels graphic design agency.
This studio was founded in 2006 by Caroline°Camille Dath, a graduate of Saint-Luc Liège and erg (École de Recherche Graphique, Brussels). Damien Safie, a classmate from erg, joined her in 2008 as partner. Esther Poch teamed up permanently in 2018.
The studio produces creative works using typography and printing techniques for clients from the music, art, design or architecture fields. Cultural institutions and associations also missions the studio on their visual communication tools. Kidnap Your Designer also produces experimental and self-produced projects, exhibitions & workshops.
So do as you're told and kidnap your designer if you want great work!
- Damien, studio partner, also spends time in a teaching practice at the erg, in a transdisciplinary class. He has a keen eye for contemporary art which inspires his graphic design. In his spare time he likes to capture surprising elements of reality through photography or to give a second life to stylish objects. He also happens to be a singer!
- Esther joined the practice permanently in 2018; she does a wonderful job of running the studio and guiding projects through to their conclusion. She chooses colour schemes better than anyone, and has a good eye for graphic design compositions. She also enjoys ceramics in her spare time.
- Caroline°Camille, studio partner, likes to be involved in a thousand projects: from teaching at the erg, to collective practices. She has also taken up a master's degree in Gender Studies and is conducting research on ‘inclusive typography’ (Bye Bye Binary). Her pet projects are mechanics and vintage cars!
- Enzo, after spending 6 months in the studio as an intern, will join the team in 2022. They are currently finishing their Master Degree on Queer pedagogical practices at ISBA Besançon (F). We are looking forward to being united in Brussels soon.
- Antonin is in charge of the motion design of the projects and is always there to lend a hand when things get hectic. Outside the studio, he has a crazy personal illustration practice all of his own. We recommend you to have a look at his Insta!
And don't worry mom & dad!
We won't be really kidnaped...
Well we hope! K.Y.D. is an allusion to
‘Kill your Idols’ as well as many other stuff...
So don't panic and carry on scrolling!
Caroline Dath (a.k.a. Camille Circlude)
- Internship inquires
Next available period: April > July 2022
+32 (0)2 791 34 21
Kidnap's postal address:
Kidnap Your Designer
rue de Flandre 121
Follow your designer
Like your designer
Interview by the team of the Festival Indexé de Gaphisme (fr)
Kidnap's Trainees (2006-2021)
Martin Landmeters (BE), Amélie Adant (BE), Flore Figuière (FR), Patrice Pellier (FR), Maxime Dossin (BE), Marion Lavedeau (FR), Rogerio Veloso (PT), Caroline Burnet (FR), Elodie Poulin (FR), Frea Mathijssen (BE), Jérémy Deleuze (BE), Carla Nyffeler (CH), Caroline Wolewinski (FR), Charlotte Sondagh (BE), Laurence Dupas (BE), Vincent Moisan (FR), Romain Marula (FR), Jan Sidgwick (BE), Céline Callens (BE), Charles Connoué (CA), Lucie Ratti (FR), Cyril Makhoul (FR), Jeanne Mégly (FR), Jolien Van Puyvelde (BE), Allison Legavre (FR), David Colin (FR), Coraline Mas-Prévost (FR), Marielle Voisin (FR), Antoine Martinon (FR), Alexandra Bellon (FR), Joana Pécastaings (FR), Martin Cousseau (FR), Jennifer Lemoy (FR), Pauline Cuny (FR), Esther Poch (FR/CAT), Lourenco Providencia (PT), Julie Colas (FR), Louise Sansoldi (FR), Vincent Loup (CH), Louise Gondeau (FR), Yo Phochanapan (TH), Enzo Le Garrec (FR), Marine Laner (CH),…
We Are Graphic Designers
Proud initiator & member of
An approach to help partners
perceive our profession and value creativity.
Kidnap Your Designer is proud of its extended team captured by the photographer Ugo Woatzi to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the studio. Caroline°Camille, Damien, Esther, Enzo and Antonin.